Sunday 10 October 2010

CENTRAL LONDON AUGUST 2010

objective- looking for images for Assignment 3

  • Complementary colours( colours that face each other across the colour wheel
  • similar colours( those that are near each other)

  • colour accent










I noticed these discussed office blocks adjacant to London bridge station. It was initially the repetitive pattern of their windows that interested me then I also noticed the opposing primary colours. I really like this image and have proposed it as a submission for assignment 3


I am think I am going to use shot one as it shows more color detail but I prefer the perspective of photograph 2



f 6.5 1/125 sec





I have been obsession of people's legs and feet as I am noticing that people are wearing very bright socks and shoes..

The top image I saw a man sitting on a wall just outside the National Portrait gallery. I really like this image and if I have the courage I will submit it was a colour accent. I tried to capture the image with people walking past but the image was too messy.

f 11 1/50 sec


I noticed this gentlemen sitting on the steps of a church and also noticed the pigeon, I quickly shot this image, the gentlemen noticed and got up and left!

I like the symmetry of the pink shoes of the man and the pink legs of the pigeon

Again I really like this image


f11 1/100 sec






I noticed this blue house in old spitilfieds. I just noticed this lady approaching the house and rushed taking the shot so ended up with a blurred unfocused image. I was disappointed and think this would have been a great image as she had a blue bag in her hand.A massive lessons learnt for next time. The image without the contrasting lady passing is not as strong composition. I need to revisit this location and try to redo this image again

f 4.5 1/60 sec


This image is a cropped in ( in camera) shot of the brightly coloured houses in old Spitifields.


I like the contrast of the terracotta and the blue shutters.

f6 1/60 sec





I was taking shots of the square windows as part of documenting rectangles for my learning log.
I then noticed a man walking past and and took this shot.

I would like to make a composite image of the two shots to see if they make a good image
f 8 1/50 sec


LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS
good days phootgraphy, start to explore the concept of taking pictures of peoples socks and feet. Plan a revist to the blue house for a reshoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.