Sunday 15 August 2010

MULTIPLE POINTS-EXERCISE

OBJECTIVE-
  • TAKE A SERIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS IN A STILL LIFE SETTING, BUILDING UP A MULTIPLE POINT COMPOSITION
  • TAKE NOTES OF EACH OBJECT PLACED AND SHOW THE PROGRESSION OF THE COMPOSITION.

I used objects found in the garden.


Firstly I need to place the largest object into the scene. I chose to place it in the background so that it did not overpower the rest of the objects.


I found some more stones in the garden and placed them against the larger stone to create a balance.

I took some shells which are also in my garden and placed them in the foreground. I experimented with placing them next to the largest stone but it made the composition seem imbalanced. The objects are linked not only by that they are all organic, but that they all have rounded edges.



I felt there needed to be some lines in the image to contrast the rounded edges of the shells and the stones. I used some Ivy , which have very sharp edges to create some element of contrast and also draws the eye into the photograph

Finally I felt that I needed to create some interest in the upper left corner as it looked to bare,


I found some slate shards and placed them in a line to help balance out the lines in the foreground and which also contrast with the larger stone.



Some more examples of more layouts







original composition found objects....








I was disappointed with the outcome of these compositions, I feel that there is balance in the images but no ascetic merit. I have therefor had another attempt that the exercise.












An example of using found objects in the kitchen

Examples of photographs with multiple points of focus..


seed heads.




Stones Blea Tarn lakedistrict.


still life...sweethearts


street view Iceland

LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS.
I still feel disappointed with the outcome of this exercise, I would like to revisit in an outdoor location to improve the lighting and maybe achieve an better ascetically pleasing image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.