Friday 16 July 2010

Assignment 2 SOHO/WEST END- MAY 2010

ELEMENTS OF DESIGN


PREP WORK

OBJECTIVE OF TODAY WAS TO FIND TRIANGULAR SHAPES, AND RHYTHM

ASSIGNMENT 2

Looking for triangular shapes. Noticed the criss cross trail left in the sky by some planes and noticed how it highlighted the triangular shape of the church rooftop. I tried to focus the image on the church roof so cropped in tightly to heighten the shape. The clear blue sky helps the image as you can clearly see the smoke trails and their shape.


f6 1/400 sec. I think I should have chosen a smaller f number to increase the sharpness of the building details


Piccadilly circus has just been repainted with a large scale box junction. I noticed the repeating shape of the boxes and how the created a continuous pattern on the ground. I cropped in the image and waited to cars and motorbikes crossed to try to get some movement in the picture. I suddenly saw a man run across my path just as the traffic stopped. I snapped quickly and this is the resulting image. I like the fact that as it was a very bright day I had manged to capture the full shadow of the man on the ground which I believe creates the photograph. I called this image Running Between the Lines


I cropped the image in the camera to take out the background which was busy and would have distracted the eye away from the continuous pattern.


f22 1/30 sec. ( slow shutter speed to create blur)



The Duke of York of theatre side entrance had posters on all sides showing the latest production. I found a view point which allowed me to capture the detail of the repeating shape of the poster

f5 1/30 sec


I noticed the shape of the yellow lines were they curved around the bend. I think I could improve this image by taking it alittle lower to create a bit more depth to the image. I would like to try this image again

f 4.5 1/50 sec.


Late afternoon in Trafalgar Square. I noticed that the moon was visible in the sky. I managed to capture the Moon and Nelsons column. I placed the column in a line of a third to improve the composition of the image

f 5 1/250 sec





LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS

INTERESTING DAY, HAPPY WITH SOHO SHOTS OF PATTERN AND REALLY PLEASED TO HAVE FOUND MY RHYTHM COMPOSITION



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.