Sunday 25 July 2010

Assigment 2 London June 2010

PREP WORK

LOOKING FOR DIAGONAL ( STEPS AT ST PAUL'S)
TRIANGLES
A DIFFERENT VIEW POINT
CURVES
LINES

Looking at pattern as part of assignment 2, this is a close up shot of the side of the Gherkin, I was trying to control the contrast of the light and the dark areas as I did not want to loose any of the details. The shot is enhanced by the reflection of the clouds in the glass. f10 1/50 sec
Abstract view of the London eye, taken from below the arms of the wheel. I wanted to create a pattern with the shape of the wires I used a high aperture to ensure that the image was fully sharp. I think the image is improved by the contrast of the the " fluffy" clouds against the harsh wire shapes. I have rotated this image for my final submission as I think it improves the shapes of the final photograph f25 1/40 sec

I saw this image by chance. I was looking fora horizontal and vertical lines image for assignment 2 and I came across Tower 42. I was concentrating on the vertical lines of the building when I noticed the refection of the building in the nearby office glass window. I moved my position so that I could capture the whole reflection. I like the contrast of the horizontal and vertical lines. I think the image is enhanced by the limited contrast range of colours. f16 1/30 sec



A abstract image of the London wheel. I was experimenting with the curve shape of the wheel. I kept the Victorian lamp post in the final image as it gave a sense of scale to the photograph. I submitted this work under the title of " Up into the clouds". f8 1/250 sec






Looking at pattern and shape. I saw these steps close to the London Gherkin in the city. I like the pattern of the Curve shape and how the shadow falling over the steps created a contrast image.I also gave the image a sense of depth. F4.5 1/500 sec. I could have improved this image by increasing the depth of field and created a sharper image

I saw this reflection as I was walking down Grey church street, i liked how the repetition of the street sign in the glass had created a triangular shape. f10 1/40 sec


A different view of the telephone boxes on the Strand, I was trying to get an image of the contrast between the rounded telephone boxes and the triangular spire on the church behind
f4.5 1/160 sec

LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS
FANTASTIC FIND IN THE CITY, NOW HAVE LINE IMAGE, AND HAPPY WITH ASPECTS OF THE SHOOT AT THE LONDON EYE. NEED TO WATCH EXPOSURE LEVELS AS THE SUN IS VERY BRIGHT AT THE MOMENT DUE TO THE GREAT WEATHER. WATCH THAT HIGHLIGHTS ARE NOT BEEN TOO BURNT OUT. STILL NEED TO FIND A GOOD TRIANGULAR COMPOSITION





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.