Friday 16 July 2010

Assigment 2-TATE MAY 2010

ELEMENTS OF DESIGN
ASSIGNMENT 2

PREP WORK

IMAGES LOOKING DOWN FROM SECOND FLOOR GALLERY, LOOKING AT PATTERN OR RHYTHM OF PEOPLE BELOW.



Looking down from the second floor observation deck. I wanted to try to capture random patterns from the people standing on the lower levels. I was drawn to the ladies red hat. which made her stand out from the rest of the crowd. I like this image as she is stationary when all else around her is moving. I tried to place her on an line of the third so she becomes a point of focus. I had to hand hold this shot as you can n0t use tripods in the Tate. I would have liked the horizontal lines of the stair wall and the red line to have been straighter as the image is a little unbalanced



POST EDITING

I deiced that I needed to make the lady stand out more so i used photo shop to mask out the lady standing behind her. I believe that this makes her stand out more, so is more a single point of focus


F 4.5 1/20 SEC 9 HAND HELD





The Tate were holding a festival to celebrate their tenth anniversary. They had a big stall in the turbine hall that had this sign above it. I liked the distinct shape and colour of the sign and how it contrasted with the grey industrial background.


I placed the arrow left of centre so it was on a line of a third




This image is not as sharp as I would have liked as I could not use a tripod in the gallery



F 4.5 1/20 SEC hand held



This abstract image of the arrow was taken looking up into the turbine hall celling. The contrast of the black and white ceiling panel works well with the red arrow to produce an abstract view. I used photo shop to lighten the sign as I had to take an average reading as the skylight was over exposed and the sign was underexposed.



Again the image is placed off centre
F4.5 1/250 SEC




Abstract image of the information centre outside the Tate. cropped in image in the camera. Photo shop to lighten.



F4.5 1/30 SEC


Dividing the frame. Looking down again I saw that you could see both the upper and lower level of the turbine hall. I divided the frame by using the straight line of the concrete floor. I placed the divide on an line of the third to created balance and focus in the image.


F 4.5 1/40 SEC




Experimenting with shapes and forms.

F6 1/50SEC

LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS

GREAT LOCATION TO SHOOT AT. WAS PLEASED WITH IMAGES LOOKING DOWN ONTO GALLERY. DISAPPOINTED AT SHARPNESS OF SOME OF THE IMAGES AS COULD NOT USE THE TRIPOD INSIDE THE GALLERY. NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND ASSESS THE SUBJECT BEFORE COMPOSING THE IMAGE, AS SOMETIMES THE IMAGES COULD BE HAVE BETTER IF TAKEN FROM A DIFFERENT VIEWPOINT. WATCH SHUTTER SPEEDS. MAYBE INCREASE ISO LEVELS?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.