Sunday 25 July 2010

Assigment 2 - Oxford Street June 2010

PREP WORK

LOOKING FOR TRIANGLES, IRREGULAR SHAPES, DELIBERATE SHAPES OF MULTIPLE OBJECTS


I was trying to capture the contrast of movement on Oxford Street, i saw this couple stop and admire the window display. I slowed down the shutter speed to blur the people walking past. It was late afternoon so light was limited which meant it got difficult to hand hold the camera. Which means the photo is not as sharp as I would have liked. f 4.5 1/20 sec








A chance find of a puddle at the top of Oxford Street. I had cropped the image in the camera to try to capture the full reflection of the building and cars. I happened to see a jogger approaching and managed to capture the reflection of the jogger passing in the puddle. I like the triangular shape the jogger's leg make. I have removed from the top Right corner the joggers running shoes which made the image look too messy. ( see below) f 5 1/60 sec

Experimenting with reflection. I realised that the passing buses were reflecting the people walking on the street . I don't think this image is quite right but I will continue experimenting on this shot. f 9 1/20 sec


Piccadilly circus has just been repainted and I noticed the contrast of the white lines against the tarmac. I took many shots experimenting with the balance of shapes and contrast. I chose this photo as I like the contrast between the harsh white lines and the soft curves of the yellow lines. I had to look down onto the subject to cut out the background busy detail. f9 1/80 sec





LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS

REAL CARTIER BRESSON MOMENT AS RUNNER PASTED ME TODAY. REALLY PLEASES THAT I MANGED TO FREEZE THE SHAPE OF HIM JUMPING OVER THE PUDDLE. ABSTRACT IMAGE OF LINES AT PICCADILLY CIRCUS REMIND ME OF IMAGES CREATED BY ERNST HASS- REF MAGNUM LANDSCAPES PHAIDON 2000




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.