Monday 26 July 2010

EXERCISE OF COMPOSITION

The objective of this exercise was to photograph a scene within a sequence..

Below is a sequence of photographs taken of a busker in London's Covent garden. I approached taking the photographs by first assessing the subject. I wanted to capture the surroundings, the crowd watching, the details of the busker and ultimately come up with a final shot. My favourite image is the one below of the guitar. My final submission is an actual sequence on three images, which as a tiptric shows the details of the busker, his voice, the instrument and the equipment he uses.




















My first sequence was a close up of the singer from the right side. I concentrated on detaching the subject from the background ( wide aperture). I used 70mm focal length to crop into the singer




I widened the focal length to 50mm to capture the singer in his surrounding and also incorporate the crowd in the background watching him




I moved my positon the the front to capture the singer face on

I changed my lens to telescopic for this sequence as I was a considerable distance from the subject.




For the next sequence I concentrated on capturing some of the detail of the crowd and close up details of the singer and his guitar and equipment.



LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS.
IN RETROSPECT I THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO STAND IN ONE LOCATION ( FRONT ON) AT THE FRONT OF THE CROWD AND USE THE TELEPHOTO LENS. I COULD HAVE THEN MOVED MY POSITION UP OR DOWN LEFT OR RIGHT AND USED THE LENS TO ZOOM IN A THEN OUT. I IS BETTER TO MOVE THE CAMERA IN ONE PLACE THAN CHANGE POSITION AROUND THE SUBJECT?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.