Saturday 8 May 2010

Assigment 2 Elements of Design. Work log

London 01/05

PREP NOTES.
street details
covent garden, south bank, st Paul's
70-28mm lens
look at aperture settings, try to create design with movement.



First images from London trip

I saw this new building being constructed by monument tube. Image taken for shape and pattern on the exterior of the building. Hand held f5 1/200 sec
shot as raw converted in PS.



Covent garden, walked passed a phone box that had it's door a jar.behind the door was a building being renovated the bill board on its front had a interesting pattern so I waited to no one was in the shot and took this image. I think it is a good example of dividing the frame. Hand held f8 1/40 sec. Shot as raw converted in PS

I was walking along Oxford Street when these people passed me.I have cropped the image down in photo shop, I would like to go back and review the original image again as I cropped out their sign which I think adds to the image. f4.5 1/160 sec shot on raw converted in PS



Taken on Oxford Street, window of Urban Outfitters.. I took this image for its colour not really for its design. The image was taken with a polazier to minimise the refection. I think the image is too harsh as the bright sunlight is washing out sections of the photo. F 8 1/160sec. I am not happy with this image and think it would be better taken when the window is not in full sun. Shot on raw converted in Ps.




Taken on Oxford Street as an example of pattern. This image is to cliche to go into my final selection. F8 1/80sec Shot as raw converted in ps



Centre point , example of pattern, I think this image would work better if there was contrast in colour from the lamppost in the foreground to the pattern of the windows in the background. I may go back and try this image in the dark and hope the the building in the background has some lights on? f8 1/100 sec . Shot as raw converted in PS



Image taken as I was walking into the public loos in covernt garden, it was the tone of the yellow signs against the sandstone walls that caught my eye!



Luck meant that I missed the rain clouds and also meant that no one was eating outside. Took this shot for colour and pattern! I think I may put this is my final selection. F13 1/30 sec shot as jpeg



Experimenting with colour?




attracted by colour and reflection outside the photographers gallery! I like the tonal colour range in this image and the refection of the neon lights as a contrast. Shot with polazing lens F5.6 1/30sec Shot as raw converted in PS



LEARNING NOTES/COMMENTS

A FEW INTERESTING SHOTS, EXPOSURE LEVELS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTING. TIMING OF THE DAY WHEN SHOOTING AS GETTING A LOT OF MID DAY SHOTS WHICH ARE TOO WASHED OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.